Author Topic: New Re-Dispatch Video and General Information Posted!!  (Read 20453 times)

Offline Karl419

Re: New Re-Dispatch Video and General Information Posted!!
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 07:44:18 AM »
Hi Gary,

Just bought PFPX to do some long haul international flights on VATSIM.

Need some redispatch explanation though. I've watched the video several times, read many different forums but just need some clarification.
Your video was made a while ago and I think PFPX looks and maybe possibly works a little different now so it's difficult to follow.

So, to make things really simple, you're filing TWO SEPERATE flight plans (or dispatches), correct? The first from your Departure airport to your initial destination (i.e. NOT your final destination) and another from the redispatch fix to your final destiniation. Is this correct?

When I start up PFPX and I want to plan a flight and it initally asks for a "FROM" & "TO" destinations, I would type in my departure airport and my FINAL destination, correct? Then I go into the redispatch section, find and select a redispatch fix along with a INITAL destination. Is this all correct?

Thanks for all your help!
All the best,

Karl.

Offline Karl419

Re: New Re-Dispatch Video and General Information Posted!!
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 08:47:14 AM »
One more quick question:

If my distance from Departure Airport to Initial Destination is less than six hours and my distance from Initial destination to Final destination is also less than six hours, am I still required to file alternates?