Author Topic: New PFPX Video and General Information  (Read 26925 times)

Offline philippepraprotnik

• Global Moderator
Re: New PFPX Video and General Information
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 08:54:55 PM »

Regarding the 2000 above, I'm almost positive PFPX didn't populate that data because flight at that altitude would have been above the MAX ALT capabilities of the airplane at the weight. It populated for 2000 below IIRC (don't have the OFP in front of me).

Interesting.

I know that with F.O.C if the winds were favourable then it wouldn't recommend step climbing but I would imagine that fairly quickly into a long haul flight you could get that 2000ft gap between your opt and max altitude in no time.

In regards to Max Alt. I would of thought that theres a degree of redundancy, so say the FMC says your max alt is F320, it could be that the aircraft can handle up to F340 in non normal circumstances.

Cheers,

Tim

Tim,

with FOC is was less complex than with PFPX for sure and it was depending only on how many datas you fed in plus the wind and temp if datas was provided.

all the best.

Phil

Offline philippepraprotnik

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 09:45:28 PM »
MikeOscar,

I mean beta-releases I would assume... ;D

Regarding the 2000 above, I'm almost positive PFPX didn't populate that data because flight at that altitude would have been above the MAX ALT capabilities of the airplane at the weight. It populated for 2000 below IIRC (don't have the OFP in front of me).

Thanks Philippe for stepping in.... AFK all day today and on my cellphone :)

Gary

No problem Gary,

i had the above option with Navetch when we were operating realy below opt but i was not very often so i agree the above is not really in need especially with FS atmosphere ...

all the best.

Phil.

Offline gary.mcginnis

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 10:25:00 PM »
Tim,

I also did do a manual profile since letting it do its own thing via OPT planned a step climb halfway across the NAT which really isn't logical.

Gary
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 04:09:25 AM by gary.mcginnis »