Author Topic: iFly 737-600  (Read 3894 times)

Offline skywreck

iFly 737-600
« on: September 30, 2011, 10:42:27 PM »
Is there any chance there will be a config file for this
forgotten and much undervalued version of the 737?

Thanks

Joaquin

Offline skywreck

Re: iFly 737-600
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 08:38:35 PM »
Bump! Anyone?

Offline Judith B.

• Administrator
    • FlightSimSoft
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 09:24:32 AM »
At the moment there is no performance file for this aircraft type in TOPCAT available as this is a really time consuming task.
Judith Blaschegg
FlightSimSoft - office

Offline skywreck

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 09:35:47 AM »
Thank you for your reply. I find your answer to my question somewhat disappointing.
Here we have support of the iFly 737 & 738 but not for the other variant. Likewise
no support for example for freight and other variants for other types such as the 757, etc.
When I purchased your program I was under the impression that you would endeavour
to produce config files for all the widely used aircraft and their variants, but can now see
that development has almost come to a stop and you seem to be happy to leave things
as they are. If you managed to create config files for the 737 & 738 why would creating one
for the 736 be so difficult.

Joaquin

Offline mas618

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 04:34:03 PM »
Hello Judith and toher teammembers...

I just wanna give my 2 cents on this as well.

Even though I can understand that a lot of work is needed with the pfpx, I think it would really be great with the 736 config.... I think it's a pitty, that your Ifly support is uncompleted...

Regarding your answer to Skywreck, can you clarify wether or not you guys even intend to create the config at some point? I mean, do you guys have plans to fully complete the Ifly support, with config files for all variants, as well as different engine ratings, or will the Ifly support remain forever unfinished...?

I can appriciate, if buisness concerns stops you from developing the product to it's full (due to expected sales or whatever), but I think a straight answer on what we can expect would be well received.

Happy times with the pfpx development and hope to see some action on the Ifly soon ;)

Mas
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 04:36:19 PM by mas618 »
FSX W7x64 i5 2500K @ 4,3Ghz 8GB RAM, Nvidia 660ti, AS2012/FSGRW on 2nd PC, Saitek yoke2xthrottle, Aerosoft, Cloud9, AoN package, PMDGJS41+Fs2Crew & 737NGX+Fs2Crew,TrackIR, EZCA. VATSIM for www.scandinavian-va.eu and transavia-virtual.com

Offline dougsnow

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 11:04:38 PM »
Everyone needs to review http://www.topcatsim.com/forum/index.php?topic=200.msg870#msg870

Which contains the extreme level of complexity in creating an aircraft data file.  It is NOT something that one can sit down with and in a day spit some file out which contains all of the data to the accuracy required.

You're just going to have to cut Christian some slack.  Plus, he has a real world gig as an airline pilot keeping him busy as well...

However, I can say that everyone is going to love PFPX...
B777 / ETOPS Dispatch Subject Matter Expert - Major US 121 Cargo Airline. Team Australian Worldflight 2013 (B744),  (LC).

Offline mas618

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 12:44:11 AM »
I do now, and have always appriciated the work taht goes into making the config files. I also appirciate, that Christian has another job.

However, my request stands firm:
1. Can I (as a customer) expect the 736 config (even in a very distant future)...?
2. Will there be an option for different engine ratings in the (again very distant) future...?

I have every respect for the decision not to model the 736 because of the time it consumes vs. what it will sell vs. pfpx development on so forth - but I still think an answer to question #1 would be welcome...

Glad to hear the pfpx is looking good!

Mas
FSX W7x64 i5 2500K @ 4,3Ghz 8GB RAM, Nvidia 660ti, AS2012/FSGRW on 2nd PC, Saitek yoke2xthrottle, Aerosoft, Cloud9, AoN package, PMDGJS41+Fs2Crew & 737NGX+Fs2Crew,TrackIR, EZCA. VATSIM for www.scandinavian-va.eu and transavia-virtual.com

Offline skywreck

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 08:12:52 PM »
It is not a question of cutting Christian some slack. TOPCAT is a commercial product for Flight Simulation enthusiasts whose purpose
is to provide the simmer with the ability to accuralety load and configure FS aircraft. The problem is that months and months go by
without any significant additions to variants of very popular aircraft.  Now if Christian is unable to produce config files because it is
too difficult or complex or because in his private life he has other concerns that prevent him from achieving what I imagine most of us
expect from his product, then perhaps he should state his intentions clearly about what he is prepared to produce and when.
I feelt this is the least he can do for his customers. My post was never a personal attack on Christian, only strictly business from a
Customer who doesn't see much activity in the updating of this product. This is the last post I will make on this subject.

Regards

Joaquin

Everyone needs to review http://www.topcatsim.com/forum/index.php?topic=200.msg870#msg870

Which contains the extreme level of complexity in creating an aircraft data file.  It is NOT something that one can sit down with and in a day spit some file out which contains all of the data to the accuracy required.

You're just going to have to cut Christian some slack.  Plus, he has a real world gig as an airline pilot keeping him busy as well...

However, I can say that everyone is going to love PFPX...