Author Topic: TOPCAT Navigraph AIRAC Cycle  (Read 38965 times)

Offline Christian Grill (TOPCAT)

• Administrator
    • The TOPCAT homepage
TOPCAT Navigraph AIRAC Cycle
« on: May 02, 2008, 09:19:08 AM »
Dear TOPCAT users!

Recently, I was in contact with the guys from navigraph.com to extend their FMS Data to a TOPCAT compliant data format. They wrote back that they could provide all the data required including up-to-data obstacle database.

However, I didn't hear from them for quite a while now. Maybe, if everybody could write a short mail to them, asking for a TOPCAT data file, it could speed up things a little bit...

Best Regards,
Christian Grill
Best Regards
Christian Grill
TOPCAT

Offline trisager

Re: TOPCAT Navigraph AIRAC Cycle
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 09:59:47 AM »
Not sure that it is possible to get i touch with these guys - they stopped responding to support queries a couple of months ago, and their support forum at http://forum.navdata.at/ went offline a week or two ago. Sure hope it's only temporary.

By the way, they are many months overdue with terminal procedures for the Level D 767.

Tom

Offline Christian Grill (TOPCAT)

• Administrator
    • The TOPCAT homepage
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 10:10:35 AM »
Yeah, it's pretty strange. They suddenly stopped respondng to my queries too...
Best Regards
Christian Grill
TOPCAT

Offline will

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 07:03:35 PM »
I hear they haven't responded to anybody recently.

Offline MCDONAR

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 06:21:34 PM »
Hi Christian,
The contact route for Navigraph is through http://forum.navigraph.com/forum/default.aspx.
As the Navigraph service is still up and running, I suggest this is the best for contacting them.
Cheers, Richard McDonald Woods ;)

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 06:16:23 PM »
Hello all!

I've just sent them a request message.

Cheers

Pierre ;)

Offline ukriens

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 05:39:03 PM »
Hi,
on my IVAO worldtour I looked in vain for FADN (which is an international airport). Maybe this problem could be solved before Navigraph is providing the update-service for TOPCAT.

Offline ukriens

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 11:34:00 AM »
Hi to all,
if Navigraph doesn't answer what about aerosoft? They provide a new program to update the FMS. I have not tried it yet but I think that this could be a good alternative. Different mothers have nice daughters too.

Cheers
Uli

Offline jpost

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 12:14:26 PM »
FADN was decommissioned in 2010 and its operations moved to FALE.  Latest overhead imagery shows eight large X's painted over its runway.

Jerry Post
KORF

Offline liketofly

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 10:36:01 AM »
Hi Gentlemen......

Any news on this, now PFPX is out.... and will there be updates for TOPCAT, especially the new AC addons recently brought to the market like the T7 and NGX (in respect to their SDK) with data upload like weights and so on? I know you guy's are still bussy with support for PFPX but at least could you be so kind as to mention a development timeline when you plan to work on TOPCAT again?

regards
Liketofly

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 10:51:20 AM »
Hello,

PFPX is out, yes, but there are several adjustments to do on the product.
So one week after release, the team can't leave PFPX behind and resume the development of TOPCAT.

You can be sure of one thing. When time will be came, TOPCAT improvement will be resumed.

Best Regards
Pierre

Offline liketofly

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 04:47:38 PM »
Nice to hear that,

but to be quite honest...... its a very "diplomatic" answer........ as an owner of both products I know that the team is bussy with PFPX at the moment..... thats what I wrote, and what I expect .... my actual question was more of a ..... well lets say time based or development plan... request.... keeping your (basically) happy costumers in the loop of your plans.........

Sort of, "well U know, were quite bussy at the moment with PFPX and that will take us another [please enter your choice here: XX days/weeks/months/years/etc.] or so but then we'll start to first add more AC Profiles starting with [please enter AC Addon here: PMDG T7/Aerosofts Airbus X/ PMDG 737/etc.]. and after that were planning to [enter your choice here: go on holiday/work on a new project/go for a beer/add AIRAC to TOPCAT etc]......

whatever.... but not a lousy "When time will be came, TOPCAT improvement will be resumed" for a product that's been on the market and hasn't resceived an update for the past 2 years, except the one for PFPX's compatibility....

sorry, that was not the answer I expect from a business side of view...

regards
Oberwinkler Richard

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 07:02:38 PM »
No comment.

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 10:24:42 AM »
Hello Gents,

Dear TOPCAT users!

Recently, I was in contact with the guys from navigraph.com to extend their FMS Data to a TOPCAT compliant data format. They wrote back that they could provide all the data required including up-to-data obstacle database.

However, I didn't hear from them for quite a while now. Maybe, if everybody could write a short mail to them, asking for a TOPCAT data file, it could speed up things a little bit...

Best Regards,
Christian Grill

Just done on Navigraph forum....

Cheers
Pierre

Offline liketofly

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 05:24:02 PM »
Yep,

Maybe if a lot of people support that request, we might get things moving....

http://www.navigraph.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=852&p=3324#wrap