Author Topic: detection of virus in the aircraft profiles with ad-aware  (Read 8584 times)

Offline ddanield

detection of virus in the aircraft profiles with ad-aware
« on: February 25, 2011, 02:31:44 PM »
Hello

I had the McAfee antivirus and no problem with Topcat software. But yesterday I have changed for Ad Aware Total Protection. With this soft no problem with the alone software but the types of the aircraft are erased by Ad-aware that detect virus in the profiles of the aircraft (all). Are there people who have this problem with ad-aware and perhaps a solution. Thanks  ???
Danield

Offline ddanield

Re: detection of virus in the aircraft profiles with ad-aware
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 03:36:10 PM »
Again
I give some precisions about this problem. All the acft files are erased with detection of Gen.Variant.Buzy.1357 by the antivirus software. Yes I know that the heuristic research of virus generate often some artefacts. The other antivirus erased the fli1chk3.dll and the suite of certains flight softs but after messages, its team had corriged this heuristic problem. Yes I can declare that the acft files can enter in the exceptions of the research of AA motor.  But are this files absolutly tested by many antivirus  and I can declare that it's only a problem of heuristic research ? Thanks you for answer to the recurrent problem of many softs.
Daniel

Offline Christian Grill (TOPCAT)

• Administrator
    • The TOPCAT homepage
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 06:56:30 AM »
We are checking our software with Avira before release and had no problems so far.
Just did a re-check and no virus was found in the TOPCAT installation.

The most probable cause is a "false positive" (the heuristic of the anti-virus tool detects signatures similar to a virus in non-infected files)

It seems that the problem only occurs in F-Secure and/or AdAware using latest definitions. We have just submitted the concerned files to have them checked by their security labs.

At the moment we are waiting for a response.
Best Regards
Christian Grill
TOPCAT

Offline ddanield

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 03:23:55 PM »
Dear Christian
Thanks you for your answer. I have enter this afct files in the exceptions of the ad-aware software and at this time observe no problems with your Topcat software. I wanted your experience with other antivirus and I thank you to transmit the results. I congratule you for this excellent and sophistical software.
Daniel

Offline JGomes

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 01:14:18 AM »
I have this problem, use FSecure

Joao Gomes

• Administrator
    • The TOPCAT homepage
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 07:41:51 AM »
We now received a statement from F-Secure:

The file you submitted is indeed CLEAN and is a false positive. A database update will be released to resolve this issue.
For the meantime, you may exclude this file from Real-time scanning.

So there is NO VIRUS in TOPCAT. It's a false alert in F-Secure!
Best Regards
Christian Grill
TOPCAT

Offline nebojsa

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 12:49:26 PM »
I have no aircraft showing on my aircraft list of planes.Uninstalled TOPCAT  ,downloaded 2.71 and during instalation it detected a virus.
I cant use the program now it is showing me no aircraft on the list.

Nebojsa

Offline nebojsa

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 01:35:13 PM »
My antivirus Bell sympatico has deleted all the aircraft from the TOPCAT list of aircraft and it says this.

Threat    Gen:variant.buzy.1357

Hope this helps.

Nebojsa

Offline nebojsa

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 06:04:17 PM »
Bell Internet Security Services - Scan Report
Scan Date: 27/02/2011 12:01:18 PM Scan Type: Deep Definition file: 1298796712 Last Update on: 27/02/2011 9:21:32 AM

Folders and files selected to scan
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\TEMPORARY DOWNLOAD\TOPCAT_2.71_Beta_2_Setup.exe

Results
Master Boot Records and Fixed Disk Boot Sectors
Scanned 1 Master Boot Record(s).
Your Master Boot Record(s)/Boot Sector(s) are not infected.
Infected files on Local Disk (C:)
Scanned: 1 item(s) File: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\TEMPORARY DOWNLOAD\TOPCAT_2.71_Beta_2_Setup.exe Action: This file could not be disinfected. It was quarantined instead.
Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357 Virus: Gen:Variant.Buzy.1357

• Administrator
    • The TOPCAT homepage
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 03:56:14 PM »
The FALSE virus warning should be fixed now using the latest definitions in your virus scanner...
Best Regards
Christian Grill
TOPCAT

Offline belgianguy

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 08:20:08 PM »
Hi,

I know this is an old topic, but I didn't want to start a new one for the same problem.

Today, I tried to install Topcat 2.72 beta 4, but I get a virus warning (Gen:Variant:Barys:3530) in the file topcat.exe
I suppose this is also a false warning, but my virus scanner (F-Secure) doesn't allow me to install the program.

I tried to change the settings but F-Secure only allow me to isolate, delete or clean the file, but if I select to clean the file, it will be deleted.

I've got no problem with Topcat version 2.70