Author Topic: PC-12 ?  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Guitarman

PC-12 ?
« on: April 20, 2010, 12:05:26 PM »
Hi Christian,

Last weekend I purchased the PC-12 for FSX at the Flight1 website.  After the install I could read a very detailed PDF file about this bird.
At the end there is a lot of technical information.  Is it possible with this information to add the PC-12 to the list ?

Many thanks in advance and have nice flights when the EU area is re-opened because of the Iceland vulcano,

Peter
Peter
Belgium

Offline dougsnow

Re: PC-12 ?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 01:58:08 PM »
One issue is that the PC-12 is not a transport-category aircraft, and was certified under a different set of rules. Its kinda hard for a single-engine aircraft to maintain a specific climb gradient with an engine out.

Christian would have to change the internal logic of the program in order to accommodate the PC-12, and something tells me that that would be a royal pain in the arse.

He did announce that the ATR (not sure if its the -42 or the -72) would be next...once the B757 beta is officially released.
B777 / ETOPS Dispatch Subject Matter Expert - Major US 121 Cargo Airline. Team Australian Worldflight 2013 (B744),  (LC).

Offline Guitarman

Re: PC-12 ?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 03:38:37 PM »
Sorry for delayed reply ...

One issue is that the PC-12 is not a transport-category aircraft, and was certified under a different set of rules. Its kinda hard for a single-engine aircraft to maintain a specific climb gradient with an engine out.
I thought it was but who am I to be certain ... ;)

Christian would have to change the internal logic of the program in order to accommodate the PC-12, and something tells me that that would be a royal pain in the arse.
That's completely different.  Christian doesn't have to change the program for only one aircraft.  BTW I use TopCat for the PMDG MD-11.  It's really great !

He did announce that the ATR (not sure if its the -42 or the -72) would be next...once the B757 beta is officially released.
It doesn't matter that other aircrafts has to be done first.  If Christian "should" do it, it may be the last one, hehe.  I have my time to wait, ;).

Thanks for your reply Doug and best regards,

Peter
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 03:41:20 PM by Guitarman »
Peter
Belgium