Author Topic: Roadmap for TOPCAT?  (Read 4063 times)

Offline viperxbr

Roadmap for TOPCAT?
« on: November 27, 2014, 05:34:57 AM »
Greetings,

Just wanted see if there was any up and coming updates for TOPCAT or a road map that you could provide us?

I've been a long time user of this product (and PFPX) and enjoyed them immensely.  Thank you!

But as time moves on, so are new and/or improved add-ons released and old ones retired.  I would say about %85 of what is available with TOPCAT I no longer use (I tend to gravitate to the more sophisticated tubeliners) .  It was cool to see the release of the T7-200LR beta back in March and then being able to update the AIRAC cycle via Navigraph early summer.  Since the T7, there really hasn't been any new aircraft modules added for quite some time and it's been very quiet on the forums.  I do understand PFPX may have taking up a good chunk of your time, I don't know.  I have no idea how many developers FlightSimSoft consists of.

Going back to the title of this post, it would be really nice, and instill some reassurance, to see some sort of general announcement, on a regular basis (by-monthly, by-yearly or something consistent), of what is coming down the pipe.

It would be good PR for us current customers as well as those potential customers who are monitoring these forums and looking for continued active development before making a decision.  That's what I do before making a sound purchase.

Anyways, looking forward to some good news!

Thanks again,
Todd.
Cheers,
Todd

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
Re: Roadmap for TOPCAT?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 10:41:19 AM »
Hello,

First, FlightSimSoft is very little structure with only one developer.
Furthermore, the developer is a real life airline pilot with all the duties in accordance.
What he has done, is unbelievable. Developing the best flight planner on the market today is an huge amount of time.
So as PFPX is now a stable software, TOPCAT development should be resumed in the near future.

In the meantime, be patient, please.

Best regards
Pierre Chassang
FlightSimSoft supporter
TOPCAT forum administrator and moderator
PFPX support agent.