Author Topic: VATSIM No Weather Available  (Read 3115 times)

Offline DVA8090

VATSIM No Weather Available
« on: September 10, 2014, 06:48:25 AM »
Hi

I bought Topcat and PFPX about a year ago and loved every minute using them.  About a month or two ago, I got a new computer and moved everything over.  I reinstalled TOPCAT and PFPX with no issues.  I did find something however that I never had happen to me before.  In TOPCAT, when I try to update the weather from VATSIM, I get an error that tells me the weather for the selected airport is not available.  I tried several different airports (KJFK, KATL, KMSP, KLAX, etc.) and got the same result.  On my older computer this never occured.  I checked my security software and there is a rule to allow TOPCAT to access the internet to acquire the files.  NOAA and IVAO both work, but I always get this error when trying to get weather from VATSIM. 

Any idea on how to fix it and what could be causing it?

I give you my thanks.

Offline ezman1980

Re: VATSIM No Weather Available
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 02:02:29 PM »
1+

Offline Beaufort

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 04:33:08 PM »
+1
Any ideas? Perhaps the server adress is not valid any more; where to change in TOPCAT?
THX for any help!

Offline Norbert01

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 11:39:38 AM »
+1

Offline tantonovich

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 04:24:52 AM »
+1.  I contacted technical support via email and they told me the problem must be with VATSIM.... even though every other application out there (ActiveSky, etc.) and of course VATSIM itself are having no issues with weather.  Hopefully they will actually try to fix this at some point...

Offline DVA8090

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 07:31:11 PM »
+1
Any ideas? Perhaps the server adress is not valid any more; where to change in TOPCAT?
THX for any help!

I would be surprised, seeing as it had no trouble earlier this summer and only started giving me this problem when I transferred the license over to my new computer in August.