Author Topic: Project Magenta 737-800 and payload problems  (Read 5013 times)

Offline RayP

Project Magenta 737-800 and payload problems
« on: May 24, 2014, 02:39:55 PM »
Hi,

I'm using the B737-800 as supplied by Project Magenta for FSX. Flight planning is via PFPX and TopCat is used to load payload and fuel. I'm using the Project Magenta Dual Class configuration for my 737-800.

The problem is that after payload is loaded the aircraft has a front heavy attitude visible from outside. This results in a very high trim value close to the PM limits.

Their aircraft.cfg has 9 stations as follows:-

Pilot
Co-Pilot
Crew
First Class
Coach 3-10
Coach 11-18 *
Coach 19-25 *
Forward Baggage *
Aft Baggage *

When I use TopCat to load payload it is only adding weight to the stations marked *. Aft baggage is not utilised properly which is why the aircraft appears front heavy.

Also, the actual payload after TopCat has finished is 1200 greater than that indicated in TopCat.  For instance TopCat required 28429 but 29629 was loaded. It looks like the extra 1200lbs is in Pilot (400), Co-Pilot (300), Crew (250) and Aft Baggage (250).

TopCat suggested the following loads:-

First Class - 8 pass.
Econ (Mid) - 42
Econ (Aft) - 65
Forward Cargo - 5300
Aft Cargo - 6300

If I enter the payload manually as shown by TopCat on the W&B page the CoG is much further back and where I would expect it to be.

My questions are:-

1) TopCat has 3 passenger sections. Why? There are 4 in the aircraft.cfg
2) Why is weight not properly added to Aft Baggage as indicated in the TopCat calculations?
3) What is the purpose of the extra stations when TopCat doesn't write to them?
4) Is it possible to modify the aircraft.cfg to overcome these problems?

Hope that's clear!  :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 02:59:45 PM by RayP »

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator

Offline RayP

Re: Project Magenta 737-800 and payload problems
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 07:20:32 PM »
Thank you for the link Pierre but that is no help. In short, the number of stations in the aircraft.cfg and equivalent Topcat file are different which is causing problems.

Since I posted I've been made aware of the configuration files for each aircraft type. I will make a copy of the PM one and see if I can make TopCat work better. If you can help with that it would be appreciated.

Offline RayP

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 04:24:37 PM »
Am I to get any help with this problem? This is software legitimately purchased and this presumably is a help forum.

I asked specific questions and would like an answer please.

Offline rn42

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 10:43:35 PM »
Presumably being the key word there.

Your Project Magenta version I am assuming uses different reference point for 0 arm, plus possibly different loadpoints location. It is fully possible to modify addon definition to fit (I have done so previously for another type) but I do not expect anyone from Flightsimsoft to care enough to to this and as the facts of life are, I don't have enough time to accept paid stints let alone do this for you for free.

Offline RayP

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 12:01:13 AM »
Since posting I have resolved the problem by switching to another 737-800 aircraft which has a matching Topcat config file.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Something Topcat support staff didn't have either the time or inclination for.