Author Topic: TOPCAT Freezes  (Read 5625 times)

Offline Dreamflight767

TOPCAT Freezes
« on: April 04, 2014, 01:03:22 AM »
Hello:

Just wanted to report.  I am using 2.74 beta.  When I attempt to generate a Take-off & Landing Report, TOPCAT freezes towards the end of the calculations.  I've tried changing aircraft and both DEST/ARR ARPTS, RWYS, and airplanes.  Still freezes.  I tried to attach a picture but I get a notice the file size is too big.

Offline MARK.KITA

Re: TOPCAT Freezes
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 05:13:56 AM »
Hello.

I was also the same.
It does not seem to freeze when change in aircraft other than the PMDG B777.

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 11:52:40 AM »
Hello,

I use TOPCAT 2.74 beta and some aircrafts.
I didn't notice any freeze.
The link between PFPX works like a charm and export ZFW to PMDG too.

Could give us more details please?

Best Regards
Pierre

Offline Dreamflight767

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 05:19:51 PM »
Hi Pierre:

Do you have an e-mail, I can send you a screen shot.  Basically, I was attempting to calculate a 777 flight from EHAM to MPTO and EHAM to KSFO.  When I selected the TLR option from the TOPCAT home screen and hit "calculate", TOPCAT gets toward the end of the calculation (the arriving RWY calculations) but freezes.   The problem does seem to be isolated to the 777. 

Offline Bloke

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 04:31:08 AM »
I also am getting the same issue when using the TLR with the T7. Topcat hangs with the working wheel turning. After around 10-15 secs. i see the not responding message, and have to close the program.

I now only use the Take Off report, and leave the TLR alone to avoid the program freezing. I have not tried it with the 738 yet.

Regards,
Andrew.

Offline dougsnow

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 06:40:00 PM »
That has been reported to Christian
B777 / ETOPS Dispatch Subject Matter Expert - Major US 121 Cargo Airline. Team Australian Worldflight 2013 (B744),  (LC).

Offline ChuckOman

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 02:58:32 AM »
Also can confirm Topcat 2.74 beta freezes when computing TLR takeoff and landing report... but only for 777-200LR.  B737NG reports work as before.  777-200LR multi runway TLR takeoff report option runs fine, but multirunway landing report option hangs.   Multirunway TLR takeoff and landing report option hangs - probably when computing the landing report portion.   Overall a minor problem.  Great to be able to use TopCat and PFPX together with PMDG 777.  Appreciate early release of the beta !

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 11:17:19 AM »
See Post #5

Cheers
Pierre

Offline B777

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 12:42:22 AM »
Yup Ive been getting the same problem as well. I can do the takeoff and landing calculations separately and generate reports, but if I try to generate a takeoff and landing report to the FSX kneeboard then it will always freeze around the same time...at least when I tried to do a flight from KATL to KIAD. I can export the load plan to the kneeboard without a problem though.

Joel
Joel Matey

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 08:44:11 AM »
Please see reply #7

Regards
Pierre

Offline shermann

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 03:29:53 AM »
Hi , I do have the same problem too. generating the TL Performace of the 777 it start to calculate then freeze and need to reboot it.

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 01:30:37 PM »
Issue has been confirmed and reported to Development team since long time.

Pierre

Offline jetfuel

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 07:26:20 PM »
Are there any updates to what's happening with regards to finding a solution to this problem?
I can appreciate that implementing a fix takes time, but haven't heard/see anything?

aal763

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 05:30:12 PM »
I am also curious as to if there will be a temporary fix to this? Not necessarily an official release of the 777 but an updated beta version would be fine.  I'm holding off on flying the 777 until this gets fixed.  I have pfpx and topcat on the same computer as fsx and don't want to minimize fsx while calculating the results for landing.  I'd much rather print a landing report in the pre-flight stage that covers a variety of conditions.

Best Regards,
Rob