Author Topic: PMDG 777  (Read 42605 times)

Offline Eagle77

PMDG 777
« on: September 12, 2013, 10:04:44 PM »
Hi there,

I appreciate you have been busy with the PFPX launch but is there any chance you now have an idea of when we can expect a profile for the 777 in the awesome Topcat?
Just a loose estimation will do like in 1/2/3 months time (I'm not pressuring for specifics!).

Thanks for the great products and keep up the awesome work.

E

Offline Judith B.

• Administrator
    • FlightSimSoft
Re: PMDG 777
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 10:28:51 PM »
Hello,

It is a very complexe and time consuming work to add new aircraft types into TOPCAT (digitizing of a huge amount of Graphs and tables,...).

it would probably take 2-3 months - depending, if Christian gets some vacation (as he flies for an Airline).

The next one will be the B777!

Brgds,
Judith
Judith Blaschegg
FlightSimSoft - office

Offline Eagle77

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 03:04:17 PM »
Thank you Judith!
I look forward to the release. ;)

Kind regards,

E

Offline Melonsuti

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 06:47:08 PM »
Hello,

It is a very complexe and time consuming work to add new aircraft types into TOPCAT (digitizing of a huge amount of Graphs and tables,...).

it would probably take 2-3 months - depending, if Christian gets some vacation (as he flies for an Airline).

Brgds,
Judith

Great news!! Thanks  8)

Offline jordancollins

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 04:08:00 AM »
How long until we can get the T7 profiles

Will it include the 200ER 200LR F and 300ER?

Offline ESzczesniak

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 06:06:04 PM »
How long until we can get the T7 profiles

Will it include the 200ER 200LR F and 300ER?

Really?

Hello,

Brgds,
Judith

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 08:20:07 AM »
Hi,

If you be able to code a C++ dll for this profile, just tell us, you'll be welcome.

Best Regards
Pierre

Offline Mower

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 03:25:55 AM »
Well anyway I guess we can guestimate with the 767 or 747...which jet is closer ya'll think?

Offline Robert McDonald

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 10:30:52 PM »
Hello,

Brgds,
Judith

Hello Judith!

How can we simulator pilots be of help to you and Christian?  As pilots, we are excited to have PFPX and Topcat working together, and naturally since PMDG NGX and 777 are two extremely popular aircraft in FSX, we would like to help you realize support for both planes.

Selfishly, I bought PFPX mostly to do International flight planning, and plan to fly in the ETOPS B777 for American Virtual Airlines (AVA.org).  I was a bit surprised to find the 777 already is supported in PFPX and sadly not yet in Topcat.

I bought the bundle of both products thinking that PFPX and Topcat seemed to be natural partners with each other, but the missing Triple 7 is a slight disappointment, only.  I realize that the job of putting the performance data into your program is time consuming, and wonder if any of the very bright pilots in simulation world could help you accomplish this task?

I would be willing to, but I program in Visual Basic only.  Could you ask PMDG for help on this??  Might they be willing to give you the performance data that they got from Boeing?

If we all work together, likely MORE SALES for Topcat, and happier Topcat owners who just bought the program.

Thank you for any ideas!

Warm wishes,

Robert McDonald
AAL 222

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 10:47:31 AM »
Hello Robert,

Thanks first for your proposal.

As said in an other post, TOPCAT aircraft profiles are C++ dll with an huge amount of manufacturer data.
If you could program in C++, you can send a private message to Christian.

Best Regards
Pierre

Offline Robert McDonald

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 10:07:34 PM »
Hello Pierre!

I did send Christian a note.  If you guys furnish me with some instructions and a sample template, it's possible I might be able to help somehow, I certainly am willing to try!  While I don't know C++, I do program in VisualBasic so how hard could it be?  If I had samples to look at, and some idea of what you needed done, along with the appropriate data points from PMDG, it shouldn't be too difficult!

I know that PMDG worked closely with you on PFPX, and gave access to their 777.  One of their lead programmers was beta tester for you on PFPX.  So I believe they will 'help' with data if that is needed??

I truly believe that this airplane is very very popular, and if you could make Topcat support the 777 it would likely increase your 'bundle' sales, and of course the annual renewal subscriptions too!

I would be happy to try!

Please send me a PM and let me know how I can be of help!

Robert McDonald
AAL222

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 08:56:46 AM »
Hi Robert,

There is two years ago, I did ask to Christian to send me a template of TOPCAT aircraft profile for trying to create a new for Concorde X for which I own real life data (worked around 30 years at Aerospatiale on Concorde from 1969 to 1972).

As I was developer using Delphi, I though it was easy to code a "dll" which works with TOPCAT.
unfortunately, this dll must be wrote in C++ to working well with.
I even tried to code it with C++ builder that i own. One more time the dll must be only coded with visual C++ studio.

My knowledges with C++ being near from zero, I couldn't implement the deal.

Try to do it with Visual basic is may be possible.

Only Christian will be able to answer this question.

Thanks again

Best regards
Pierre

Offline rn42

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 11:04:57 AM »
There was a talk of this years ago, wasn't there?

Much did not happen. There are people who would make stuff, if there was an official SDK with official guidelines as to what to do and what not to do in regards of development. I know of such people myself.

Is it possible to get an offical guideline there?

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 02:00:53 PM »
Hello,

No guideline can be given because, if given, people will be unsatisfied if not respected even for goo reason, and if no not given people will be unsatisfied too.

All the best
Pierre

Offline rn42

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 11:30:41 AM »
So basically "you could do it if we told you how to, but we are not going to tell you nothing".

cool