Author Topic: Annual subscricption questions and answers  (Read 29762 times)

Offline Christian Grill (TOPCAT)

• Administrator
    • The TOPCAT homepage
Re: Annual subscricption questions and answers
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2013, 11:49:34 AM »
Just to clarify: if I have ActiveSky or REX (or, in the future, maybe another supported program), I do not need to buy the server extension and PFPX will be fully functional? All relevant and required data are provided by AS/REX?

Correct: PFPX will remain fully functional and you will be able to use weather from these add-ons.
However, you won't have Access to real-time track and NOTAM data from the PFPX data Server.
Best Regards
Christian Grill
TOPCAT

• Administrator
    • The TOPCAT homepage
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2013, 11:50:36 AM »
Can somebody answer my question?

Which question are you referring to?
Best Regards
Christian Grill
TOPCAT

Offline Sayaugh

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2013, 11:55:48 AM »
Can somebody answer my question?

Which question are you referring to?

Pierre answered most of it in private messaging.

My question: If there are no airways available such as the south pacific or the south indian oceans will PFPX plan via longitude/latitude waypoints?

Example:
KATL MUNSN6 IRQ CH AR4 OLDEY L435 BUTUX UL435 BUVUK 0000N 02000W 0500S 01500W 1000S 01000W 1400S 00500W 1700S 00000E 2000S 00500E 2200S 01000E NIBEK ETUSO UN181 PEDIL UQ19 AVAGO FAOR
Hailey

Offline rn42

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2013, 11:57:25 AM »
well, communication is indeed very important - even if the quality of the program/Software is fine.

Finally such is acknowledged.I hope for the sake of the product this will be upheld.

The official PFPX Forum will move to Aerosoft - as they have more capabilities.

I believe that is a good step and I think I have already said so.

• Administrator
    • The TOPCAT homepage
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2013, 12:07:32 PM »
My question: If there are no airways available such as the south pacific or the south indian oceans will PFPX plan via longitude/latitude waypoints?

Example:
KATL MUNSN6 IRQ CH AR4 OLDEY L435 BUTUX UL435 BUVUK 0000N 02000W 0500S 01500W 1000S 01000W 1400S 00500W 1700S 00000E 2000S 00500E 2200S 01000E NIBEK ETUSO UN181 PEDIL UQ19 AVAGO FAOR

There are more than 35000 (user-adjustable) 'known directs' in PFPX, allowing lat/lon routings.
Best Regards
Christian Grill
TOPCAT

Offline Sayaugh

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2013, 12:41:02 PM »

Example:

There are more than 35000 (user-adjustable) 'known directs' in PFPX, allowing lat/lon routings.

Awesome that's the answer I was looking for :D Thanks~
Hailey

AleFly82

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2013, 01:02:36 PM »
Hello everyone, in previous posts I expressed my disappointment at the lack of communication from the developers, but now I would take their part. Let me explain: behind the development of software as PFPX is hard work, investments, etc. ... keep an open project has costs, computer servers, electricity, co-workers etc ... Ask for a subscription to an annual subscription is used for both server costs and also to continue to improve the product - service provided. In any case the discussion "exploded" on the forum we will cover in a year since the first year's subscription is included with the software. The subscription term everyone is free to renew it or not, where is the problem?
They could also say this before, it is true, but when you bring forward new projects there are unexpected expenses.
However, it must be said that the basic software is very cheap (in relation to the functions declared) that if we are going to see is PFPX + Annual subscription (for the first 365 days) then 14.90 a year are 4 cents a day !  8)
PFPX purchase a subscription and after a year in two years PFPX it cost 56.52 Euro (7.7 cents a day) What do you buy today with 7.7 cents?  ;D ;D If developers will maintain the standard I promised PFPX and your subscription will buy it for sure!

Take care!

Offline richtemark

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2013, 01:29:21 PM »
Just to clarify: if I have ActiveSky or REX (or, in the future, maybe another supported program), I do not need to buy the server extension and PFPX will be fully functional? All relevant and required data are provided by AS/REX?

Correct: PFPX will remain fully functional and you will be able to use weather from these add-ons.
However, you won't have Access to real-time track and NOTAM data from the PFPX data Server.

Thanks for your explanation. One (hopefully last) further question though: If I don't have access to real-time tracks, can I nevertheless create an accurate flightplan between, let's say, EDDF and KJFK with current NATRACKS if I have ASA/REX but not the server subscription?

Cheers,
Markus

Offline frankl777

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2013, 01:55:05 PM »
Hi there,

I'll jump right in into this topic an ask my question. This:

is a good news, because I fly NATs, Pacots and all that stuff very very rare and could add them manually (as stated in the manual) if I need them.
My question is, will PFPX use the complete weather provided by the weather-programs (METARS, TAF and Upper winds) for route calculation or _o n l y_ the current weather the programs are injecting to FSX (so no TAF, upper wind etc.)? Because I had in mind to point my PFPX to REX for using historical weather. And then it'd be very good to have the OFP based on this data.
Opus and FSGRW (I own both) have the upper winds, I'm not sure about TAFs in FSGRW and Opus.

I'm looking forward to an answer and best regards,
Frank

Offline wedge

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2013, 02:24:45 PM »
Hello,

I might not be the best placed but I think they read firectly from files managed by those tools, and not from FSX, otherwise they would support all addons out of the box. So I guess you must point a directory or something for this to work.

Cheers

Offline jlaporte

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2013, 04:53:57 PM »
Christian, Judith,

Thank you so much for your prompt answers regarding the server subscription.

Is there any plan (even if not implanted in the RC version) to be able to enter the server data manually. What I mean is, in the very sad event that Flightsimsoft would cease to exist (hope for the best but plan for the worst kinda logic) how would I be able to plan a flight using NATs if your servers do not exists anymore?

Thank you so much for all your years of work and dedication to this project, and hopefully many more!

Sincerely,
Jeremy

Offline olympic260

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2013, 05:15:24 PM »
Jeremy read the manual where its says about manually loading the tracks

Chris

Offline frankl777

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2013, 06:24:27 PM »
Hello,

I might not be the best placed but I think they read firectly from files managed by those tools, and not from FSX, otherwise they would support all addons out of the box. So I guess you must point a directory or something for this to work.

Cheers
Your answer covers my question perfectly. With my question I meant, if I don't use the subscription, are all the METARs, TAFs and Upper Windaloft data extracted from the weather tools (not FSX)? ;)
I think that is better.

Regards,
Frank

Offline wedge

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2013, 08:47:34 PM »
Hi,

That is something else, well I would say that those addons would probably have all the data for wind at the t time, and metars to that same t time. For TAF, I would believe they may probably not get all of them, because that would make a huge increase in terms of data, but I don't really know what goes on with each addons, so on that specific I'm sure someone better placed than I am will answer you more properly ;)

Cheers

Offline jskiffington

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2013, 09:15:46 PM »
Proper upfront communication would probably have prevented this upset...  Seems not to be the first time communication is lacking  ::) I have the highest respect for the team that created PFPX, but for the sake of their business they need to work on their communication skills. Anticipation for PFPX has been building up for years and lost of people now feel dissapointed because their dream-tool for flightplanning now has a lot less shine to it.
I do understand the costs a server brings with it, but one has to consider that some other tools (ActiveSky for instance) also use a dedicated server and no subscription is required for that.

Personally, as long as it is reasonable I'm fine with paying a yearly subscribtion fee. But... someone above stated 30 euro's to be acceptable, but for me (and I suspect a lot of people) 30 euro's recurring is way too much. In my perception a reasonable subscription fee would be less than 15 euro's, preferably less than 10.

I agree on all counts. Communication is so critical, and it's something the PFPX team has been lacking.

A subscription for all of the data being provided makes senses. Waiting until just prior to release for the announcement of the need for a subscription for all features does not.