Author Topic: Annual subscricption questions and answers  (Read 29760 times)

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
Annual subscricption questions and answers
« on: August 22, 2013, 07:58:17 AM »
Dear members,

Here is a place where you can express yourselves concerning the annual subscription to PFPX server.

Have a nice day.
Pierre

Offline Judith B.

• Administrator
    • FlightSimSoft
Re: Annual subscricption questions and answers
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 08:04:30 AM »
and of course there will be today an official Statement of Christian, too
Judith Blaschegg
FlightSimSoft - office

Offline E_Range

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 08:42:31 AM »
My thoughts:

I personally dont see any problem with a yearly subscription for the convenience of having everything pulled into PFPX, as long as its done at a fair and reasonable price, which im sure Christian is not an unreasonable person. Currently some of us pay for other subscription services like navigation data, you arent forced to update it regularly, so neither are we forced to pay for a subscription to the weather/wind charts/notams, weather can be pulled from weather programs, charts notams and tracks can be found on the internet for free, so really the only thing is a little extra work for you the user, but personally for the convenience, i am willing to pay a fair/reasonable price. my 2 cents
Kind regards,
Bryan

Offline E_Range

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 08:43:03 AM »
just hope whatever happens doesnt delay the release any further
Kind regards,
Bryan

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 08:58:29 AM »
Hi,

I can assure you it doesn't.

Cheers
Pierre

Offline JAP

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 09:00:10 AM »
I don't mind paying when a fee can't be worked around.

What I'm struggling with is the fact, that the current "toys" download the needed data directly to your computer for processing (for free).

As there is most likely something I'm missing here, it is nice to know that Christian will give more info.

Thanks!

FWIW: I would be willing to pay for a higher purchase price to bypass the subscription.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 10:13:52 AM by JAP »
Jarkko Puustinen

Offline renesp

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 09:25:24 AM »
In my opinion, if the fee is +/- 30 EUR - I am good with it.

Offline wedge

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 09:30:01 AM »
Hello.

I'll be waiting for the news as I said before in locked post I4m curious and need to understand and now what to expect as a customer. So that obviously came as a surprise but as long as we know about that and get all the information I'm still confident.

Just waiting to know the end of the story. To me that's just a big communication error so far, as opbviously discovering that in the pre release manual was obviously going to cause some kind of schock as a very unexpected thing. I'll just wait to have complete information that's all there is to do and then everyone I'm sure will make their own decision based on that.

Cheers

Offline Sayaugh

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 09:47:20 AM »
I don't have a problem paying the subscription fee. I want to know if the program is capable of generating routes across the oceans such as atlanta to johannesburg or dallas to sydney.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 09:57:07 AM by Sayaugh »
Hailey

Offline fwerff

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 09:58:36 AM »
Proper upfront communication would probably have prevented this upset...  Seems not to be the first time communication is lacking  ::) I have the highest respect for the team that created PFPX, but for the sake of their business they need to work on their communication skills. Anticipation for PFPX has been building up for years and lost of people now feel dissapointed because their dream-tool for flightplanning now has a lot less shine to it.
I do understand the costs a server brings with it, but one has to consider that some other tools (ActiveSky for instance) also use a dedicated server and no subscription is required for that.

Personally, as long as it is reasonable I'm fine with paying a yearly subscribtion fee. But... someone above stated 30 euro's to be acceptable, but for me (and I suspect a lot of people) 30 euro's recurring is way too much. In my perception a reasonable subscription fee would be less than 15 euro's, preferably less than 10.

Offline philippepraprotnik

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 10:05:20 AM »
I don't have a problem paying the subscription fee. I want to know if the program is capable of generating routes across the oceans such as atlanta to johannesburg or dallas to sydney.
hello,
as i already told you by pms yes it can.

all the best,

Philippe.

Offline Sayaugh

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 10:15:14 AM »
I am not receiving your private messages.
Hailey

Offline jobo

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 10:20:17 AM »
I don't have a problem paying for somebody elses hard work. Whether it be a subscription or otherwise.

Offline fumap

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 10:29:07 AM »
Hi all,

actually i will resume some points i've explained before about subscription. I've always trusted the team, always read the forum waiting for good news about the PFPX development and watched out impatiently news about beta versions and features explained by great guys out there like Gary.

Said that, in the past i had some bad experiences with subscription products (FOC is one of them, for sure someone else used it like me) and decided to not buy any product that requires a subscription anymore. Actually also because i've not the ability to pay recurrent fees for my hobby. Navdata is another type of story because it's a need for FS and it is related to many products, not only one of them.

When i first discovered the development of PFPX i thought i had found the solution to my flight planning problems for FS. Reading through the features i was confident about the functionality of the program and waited all this time. I saved bucks and keeped myself from buying other addon (and other planning tools) to have the ability to buy PFPX one day. Now i discovered that PFPX is actually what i had never bought anymore, a subscription product.

While i find the subscription for server usage reasonable, i'm not very happy to discover it via a manual released few days before release after a long awaited development. I hope all of you understand that some of the guys out there are just trying to explain some customer opinions about PFPX. I just think that all this could have been said long time ago or at least when decided by developers (i'm sure they did not decided yesterday morning).

BTW, looking forward to Christian answer...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 10:33:08 AM by fumap »

Offline valcas370

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 10:33:04 AM »
Just want to give my opinion here( and it's the last time) absolutely respecting others.

I understand that Flighsimsoft it's a small company, with a small group of developers.
They have decided to make a piece of software (a master piece in my opinion) to meet their own expectations and those of ours, flight simulation fans, where quality comes first. Throughout time, seeing how they work, I've become convinced that this project, is the "project of his life", His attention to detail, wanting to do the right thing, regardless of the other reviews about the continuing delays that it's implied, to me, are a guarantee of quality, reliability and good work. For all this, I'm sure I will not feel disappointed when I become a PFPX owner. Regard the annual subscription, I consider it absolutly reasonable like I mentioned yesterday in other topic. Only want to know, if is possible, the fee amount, but I supouse that's dependant from how many people have use the server services.

Best regards to all

Val