Author Topic: It's Too Quiet !  (Read 2412 times)

Offline markcable

It's Too Quiet !
« on: June 22, 2013, 08:56:44 PM »
Hi,

3 days without any posts, I'm starting to do cold turkey without my PFPX posts Lol !  ;D

regards, Mark

Offline Semafoor

Re: It's Too Quiet !
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 09:12:37 PM »
Lets hope the silence is due to the skipping of the beta versions of 0.9.9.7b, 0.9.9.8b and 0.9.9.9b and preparing the 1.0 release  ;D ;D

Offline qqwertz

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 10:36:10 PM »
Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright

I'm sure the guys who have been on this forum for a while will understand  ;)

Offline E_Range

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 11:53:07 PM »
One has to wonder, most developers usually take basically a 3 step approach, Alpha stage, which is putting the thing together, Beta which is fixing all the bugs, and then Release Candidate. So dont be surprised if after 0.9.9.9b, then comes Release Candidate 1.0 with more bug fixing!
Kind regards,
Bryan

Offline Semafoor

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 12:21:41 AM »
I personally dont think they are gonna do a release candidate Bryan.

Offline philippepraprotnik

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 01:15:29 AM »
Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright

I'm sure the guys who have been on this forum for a while will understand  ;)

Snow will come enough fast soon ...Oh OH Oh ....

Offline Hightower

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 06:27:27 AM »
Im afraid that from reading another thread, they are going after perfection and as was mentioned there , there is no such thing. There comes a time when you just have to say it is good as its going to get for now and deal with the bugs in subsequent service packs. Those that dont have this sort of line, will never finish, because they are looking for it to be perfect. Its just not going to happen. Such a shame too, because it looks outstanding and so useful right now!. The bugs they are talking about is very likely at this stage only stuff to be noticed by professional pilots and dispatchers, not the common folk of flight simmers, including seasoned veteran simmers.

Offline fwerff

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 11:07:29 AM »
It will come....
Given the fact Aerosoft has been announced as the publisher, I expect it to be released "soon" (soon being relative to the time we're already waiting for this).
I have good hopes it will be out this summer, perhaps even by the time I get back from summer holiday early August. (If at that time it's released and also the PMDG 777, I'm a happy camper  ;D).

We'll all have to be patient. We have lived with FS without PFPX for decades, we can continu to live without it.
But.... It would be nice to have some more information on where we are rather than "version 0.9.9.8.b has been uploaded for testing" and if July is still feasible.

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 03:35:16 PM »
Hi Fwerff,

I'm gladly surprised your post.
Finally, someone who keeps a sensed adult speech.

Thanks for that.

Cheers
Pierre