Author Topic: PFPX beta?  (Read 5986 times)

Offline BenHerold

Re: PFPX beta?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 12:37:18 AM »
Just one question... can we expect the same "story" for every service pack?
Just to note: If the support will be as bad as the communication and as time consuming as the development of PFPX, Christian will not see a single penny from me!

Ben

Offline gary.mcginnis

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 01:16:37 AM »
There is NO bad communication. Most of the beta testers try to stay very active on the forum. So I take that comment you just made as a slap in the face.

By all means, please feel free to spend $25.00 each time you press compute on jetplan.com. I'm sure their support will be second to none for a flight sim user  ::)

Get over yourself.......
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 01:21:29 AM by gary.mcginnis »

Offline stefltt

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 06:35:48 AM »
Do you want it to be not ready to go, or do you want it to be bug free?

We're testing and eradicating the bugs as fast as our schedules, and CGs schedule, will permit, and with each new beta, we find new bugs.

It'll be released when its ready, and not before

Good morning, I am one of FSX user who also waits patiently for the release of the software. I am also a real dispatcher who uses Jetplanner, and your product seems to be to the same level and even better for a product dedicated to flight simming.
We all know that a product can't be released 100% bug free. You'll always have some issues that even the beta testers could not have seen during the beta test. Look at products like PMDG NGX or Majestic Dash, they are supposed to have passed successfully the beta test phase, but we still discover new issues that were not detected during the beta test, and patches are coming regularly.
And when I say we, I say the customers that have bought the product. There will be some unhappy users that will always critizise a non bug free released product. But there will also be some FS users that will act in a constructive way to report issues to be corrected in a future patch. I am one of this users ( a sort of Delta Tester  ;D)
If the beta testers find new issues before release, okay, they need to be addressed. And I understand that some further tests are needed. And I am ready to wait for the release. But please, if the product is "virtually" finished, don't add new features anymore, that potentially could generate new issues. I am sure that the product is the best as it is actually. Just keep the new features to be added for a future update, where you will have more free time to spent on it and to test it.
Best Regards
Stephane

Offline JAP

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 11:03:05 AM »
can we expect the same "story" for every service pack?

I would say that this is more than likely. Just have a look at what is going on with TOPCAT.

So I take that comment you just made as a slap in the face.

Get over yourself.......

OK Gary. Because of your posts/videos, I still have maintained some level of interest in PFPX, but...  how was that a slap in your face?

If you go to flightsimsoft.com, you will find one name under Impressum, and I do not believe it is yours. I might be wrong, but I would guess that he is the man that has the final say in all things TOPCAT/PFPX.

Also Ben never singled you out. Why would he?

or do you want it to be bug free?

The is no such thing as bug free software. Even if you have 98% test coverage with automated tests, you will still have bugs.

If you do not at least have an automated regression test set, you will be able to find bugs left and right in a software that is older than a few months.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 07:25:00 PM by JAP »
Jarkko Puustinen

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 11:35:51 AM »
Just one question... can we expect the same "story" for every service pack?
Just to note: If the support will be as bad as the communication and as time consuming as the development of PFPX, Christian will not see a single penny from me!

Ben

Hi!

You've no obligation to buy PFPX.

Cheers
Pierre

Offline gary.mcginnis

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 06:04:54 PM »
@JAP

It was the way he said "No Communication." That to me is a slap in the face since I make it a point to at least check up on the forum every two or so days, even with my very busy schedule.

I don't know how else to say this so let's just air it out.....

The NEW release philosophy has been communicated many many times. If many of you still want to ignore it, then that is your problem! It is not December 2011 and it is not December 2012 either. No matter how hard you wish, that won't change. The product (PFPX and Manual), when ready to the development team's minimum specifications, will be released and not a second earlier.

It has also been said in public that TOPCAT development has been halted for the time being as most all available resources have been directed towards PFPX completion. Yet we now see the same people who want PFPX yesterday also complain about TOPCAT :o

But please, if the product is "virtually" finished, don't add new features anymore, that potentially could generate new issues.
No major changes are occurring within PFPX. Just the finalization of the initial features for release. That said, all "minor tweaks" have to be tested and any error eradicated. It has already been noted that the PFPX beta team will be retained after initial release for further feature development.

Gary
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 06:16:33 PM by gary.mcginnis »

Offline BenHerold

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 07:01:32 PM »
You've no obligation to buy PFPX.

Absolutely. Fortunately not. Even though I really would like to buy it, but the fact that CG is not really present in his own forum really confuses me. If this is his approach, fine. But that is not the way someone can get my trust. In my understanding, support should look like this: http://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/. And trust me, it is certainly not impossible to spend 15min per day to answer user questions in the own forum - if someone wants to.

@gary
Sorry, but you are NOT the center of the world, nor do you develop PFPX. You are only a "Beta Tester", so please calm down. I didn't even think of you when I was writing my post, nor did I ever think of you during my visits on this website. I only know of two people behind PFPX: CG & JB. And in my opinion only those people are really responsible for any communication about the progress of the project. The engagement of the Beta Testers are laudable but, once again, in my opinion it is not your task to answer questions about the release or any internal things of PFPX. This Forum is officially called "Support Forum" and this Sub-Category is officially called "News, Updates and Wishlist", so I would amongst other expect that I can get support from the team developing PFPX and not only from people who are using it.

Ben

Offline gary.mcginnis

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2013, 12:42:16 AM »
No where did I lead on to being the center of the world. Just because you didn't think of me doesn't mean it didn't piss me off. It has been widely known that CG does not post on the forums anymore because so many people continuously bugged the crap out of him. Yeah I'm just a "beta tester" but I at least try to be helpful and have been thanked by some forum members for my efforts. Same goes for other testers too. You have your opinions and I have mine but one thing I will not engage in is a pissing contest.... so have a good day.

Gary
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 12:53:07 AM by gary.mcginnis »

Offline mari8it

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 01:47:36 AM »
Do you want it to be not ready to go, or do you want it to be bug free?.......

......It'll be released when its ready, and not before..........

....so Penelope said referring to the shroud which she was making for Laertes ...... 
 ;)

mario
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 01:52:26 AM by mari8it »
Mario Malizia

and soon

LukeP95

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 03:57:28 AM »
Do you want it to be not ready to go, or do you want it to be bug free?

We're testing and eradicating the bugs as fast as our schedules, and CGs schedule, will permit, and with each new beta, we find new bugs.

It'll be released when its ready, and not before

Wow, talk about attitude towards your customers! Considering I haven't said anything that should make you feel mad. I was being serious about the Christmas comment and don't mean it in a bad way. If we wait that long, so be it - it's worth it. Either way I didn't mean to come across as complaining in my comment!

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 07:53:02 AM »
Hello Gents,

As some topic in the past, this one begins to be useless and tiring.
I see one more time that a few members are part of what I call "spoiled brats" and and will soon angry urinate in their pants.

So I lock it