Author Topic: McDonnell Douglas MD-11 for TOPCAT  (Read 4794 times)

Offline Christian Grill (TOPCAT)

• Administrator
    • The TOPCAT homepage
McDonnell Douglas MD-11 for TOPCAT
« on: March 24, 2009, 05:58:59 PM »
Hello TOPCAT users!

We were able to collect some (limited) amount of data for a MD-11 data file. Converting these information into a TOPCAT aircraft file will take approximately 2 month, so estimated finishing date is around end of May 2009.

Anyway, we would still be happy about any performance data (preferably Take-Off).

Best Regards
Christian Grill
Judith Blaschegg
TOPCAT
Best Regards
Christian Grill
TOPCAT

Offline papilot312

Re: McDonnell Douglas MD-11 for TOPCAT
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 11:39:24 AM »
I'm thrilled (as I'm sure many are) to hear that progress is being made on the MD-11 for TOPCAT! In regards to the performance data, I have offered several times by PM to send you the Takeoff data for a PW4460-engined MD-11 and haven't heard any response back as to if you could use this data and, if so, where I may send it to you. I remain very willing to help you out by sending this data (the only takeoff data I currently have available), so please let me know and I'll get it to you immediately.

Thanks,

Tim
Timothy D. Herman (papilot312)
MidContinent Airlines

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 08:02:00 AM »
Hi all!

It's a great news.

Glad to hear that!!!!

Cheers

Pierre ;)

• Administrator
    • The TOPCAT homepage
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 10:20:31 AM »
I'm thrilled (as I'm sure many are) to hear that progress is being made on the MD-11 for TOPCAT! In regards to the performance data, I have offered several times by PM to send you the Takeoff data for a PW4460-engined MD-11 and haven't heard any response back as to if you could use this data and, if so, where I may send it to you. I remain very willing to help you out by sending this data (the only takeoff data I currently have available), so please let me know and I'll get it to you immediately.

Thanks,

Tim
Hello Tim!

There seemd to be some kind of communication problem. I got your mail regarding MD-11 data and I also responded, but didn't get any answer so far...

We would still be very happy if you could help us developing  the MD11

Best Regards
Christian Grill
Best Regards
Christian Grill
TOPCAT

Offline trisager

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 11:52:52 AM »
That's really good news  :)

How are you dealing with the dial-a-flap setting? Will you support that, or will the tool only support flaps 25 for takeoff?

Tom

• Administrator
    • The TOPCAT homepage
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 10:00:53 PM »
Hello Tom!

Technically it's not a big thing to include the dial-a-flap feature. The problem is the lack of performance data on this airplane.
We will try our best, but it might be possible that we have to do some interpolations.

Best Regards
Christian Grill
TOPCAT
Best Regards
Christian Grill
TOPCAT

Offline papilot312

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 02:15:02 PM »
Hello Tim!

There seemd to be some kind of communication problem. I got your mail regarding MD-11 data and I also responded, but didn't get any answer so far...

We would still be very happy if you could help us developing  the MD11

Best Regards
Christian Grill

Hi Christian,

Strange about the communications issue, but I have send over the MD-11 performance data I have to your support e-mail. Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Tim
Timothy D. Herman (papilot312)
MidContinent Airlines