Author Topic: Users Aircraft Profiles  (Read 45268 times)

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
Users Aircraft Profiles
« on: May 03, 2013, 04:43:10 PM »
Hello Gents,

This topic is open to share your aircraft profiles.

WARNING:
Each profile MUST be labelled [Real Life] or [Simulation] at the beginning of the object field.
Profiles with no label will be deleted.

Offline BW901

[Real Life] B737-200ADV JT8D-15A
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 04:04:55 PM »
Good afternoon.

Hopefully one of the beta testers can spare a few minutes and help me out with some comment on aircraft profile format please? I'm writing a compiler to export data in FPFX format from Excel, which I use for the initial data manipulation. It's a bit like driving blindfolded at the moment tying to get things right with only a sample text file and no programme to test run it on. However attached is a first go at a profile export - for a JT8D-15A equipped 737-200Adv (real aircraft data).

Could someone please take a look at this and let me know if it works, and is sufficient for basic planning, I'm not thinking about anything fancy like ETOPs right now?

A couple of concerns:
- The output is cut and paste from Excel into text file. Is the formatting on the semicolon separated data tables OK?
- Is there a naming convention for the different profiles. For example I use M.xx when there's a Mach portion to climb or decent, or for the cruise, just want to be sure a "." isn't going to mess up FPFX reading the file, or if there's a length limit to a name.

There are still things to tweak and add (eg correction for a 250kt speed limit below 10k on the climb). Anyhow I'd be interested to see if this works or if there are any glitches. Any help appreciated, sorry can't find an emoticon for a virtual beer or two!

Cheers
Jon

******************Aircraft profile deleted by Pierre on Jon request*********************
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 04:18:10 PM by Pierre95 »

Offline philippepraprotnik

• Global Moderator
Re: Re: What about other AC types?
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 07:22:29 PM »
Good afternoon.

Hopefully one of the beta testers can spare a few minutes and help me out with some comment on aircraft profile format please? I'm writing a compiler to export data in FPFX format from Excel, which I use for the initial data manipulation. It's a bit like driving blindfolded at the moment tying to get things right with only a sample text file and no programme to test run it on. However attached is a first go at a profile export - for a JT8D-15A equipped 737-200Adv (real aircraft data).

Could someone please take a look at this and let me know if it works, and is sufficient for basic planning, I'm not thinking about anything fancy like ETOPs right now?

A couple of concerns:
- The output is cut and paste from Excel into text file. Is the formatting on the semicolon separated data tables OK?
- Is there a naming convention for the different profiles. For example I use M.xx when there's a Mach portion to climb or decent, or for the cruise, just want to be sure a "." isn't going to mess up FPFX reading the file, or if there's a length limit to a name.

There are still things to tweak and add (eg correction for a 250kt speed limit below 10k on the climb). Anyhow I'd be interested to see if this works or if there are any glitches. Any help appreciated, sorry can't find an emoticon for a virtual beer or two!

Cheers
Jon

Jon,

wont comment on your questions yet ...

but i can start a plan but it locks PFPX so ill dig in ....

all the best.

Phil

my suggestion and tip : will be to start with only one climb one descent one hold one cruise then add a little it was the way it was doing since fsbuild or foc 2003 ....

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 09:21:44 PM »
Any help appreciated, sorry can't find an emoticon for a virtual beer or two!

Cheers
Jon

something like that lol

http://zaazu.com/1259-Germany-Germany-Beer-United-Nations.html

Offline BW901

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 10:34:23 PM »
Hi Phil,

Cheers, that beer looks refreshing - off to fridge for a real-world version!!

Thanks for taking a look. I'm guessing there's a silly error in my formatting somewhere. Once it's released and I can get a copy to play with I'll do some proper troubleshooting and build it up section by section. I'm not familiar with FOC or Fsbuild, I build profiles in Flitestar Corporate, but that has quite a different structure.

No worries, it'll come good in the end. In the meantime Fokker 100 with 620-15s is prepped. I don't have ISA deviation climb data for the 650-15s unfortunately or I'd have both done.

Thanks again
Jon

Offline speedbird034

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 02:36:00 AM »

Could be fun??

Cheers,
Dave

Try 12 hour shifts  ;D

And no...... I do not fly after work. Sleep, eat, and repeat the days I'm on. Plus my FS rig and PFPX/General Windows rig are at home (commuter dispatcher for me).  It is neat to do some of our unique flights though.... on my days off that is  8)

Ah the life of a dispatcher...pretty much the same here...although with 12's...you are on four, off four, no?  Makes commuting easier... I can't go home every week because it's too much of a pain to get there and back for only one night.  Again, the life of a dispatcher...

More to follow re the E-jets and Q on my days off...when I can actually do more than just read, eat, sleep and work  :P
Cheers,
Dave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 09:14:56 AM »
Hi Phil,

Cheers, that beer looks refreshing - off to fridge for a real-world version!!

Thanks for taking a look. I'm guessing there's a silly error in my formatting somewhere. Once it's released and I can get a copy to play with I'll do some proper troubleshooting and build it up section by section. I'm not familiar with FOC or Fsbuild, I build profiles in Flitestar Corporate, but that has quite a different structure.

No worries, it'll come good in the end. In the meantime Fokker 100 with 620-15s is prepped. I don't have ISA deviation climb data for the 650-15s unfortunately or I'd have both done.

Thanks again
Jon

Jon,

from what i ve seen there is some problem in the descent datas but still digging in ...

all the best.

Phil

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
Re: Users Aircraft Profiles
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 10:11:36 AM »
Hi,

Add the label to your profile please.
I've added it this time.

Offline BW901

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 11:23:40 AM »
Phil,

You may have found the problem. Looks like I had a ":" instead of a ";" after the temperature on the first data line of the descent profile. I have corrected this as attached, hopefully this does something better! I also added a " ; Real-world data" tag on the second line, don't know if that meets Pierre's requirement?

Thanks again
Jon

******************Aircraft profile deleted by Pierre on Jon request*********************
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 04:17:30 PM by Pierre95 »

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 11:30:34 AM »
Hi Jon,

Please, do not add label into the file, you must add it into the Topic title only.
Thanks

Pierre

Offline BW901

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 11:35:37 AM »
Pierre,

Thanks, now I see. I'm not a morning person. Or maybe I had too many beers last night! ::)

Profile file correctect, now version 1.02 as attached.

Jon

« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 04:16:51 PM by Pierre95 »

Offline Pierre95

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 01:24:10 PM »
Hi Jon,

Good work my friend.
You can if you want add "for test" in the thread.

Kind Regards
Pierre ;)

Offline JET_JOCK

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 07:42:00 PM »
BW901,

Do I understand you have a converter for the data? If so, I have all the data for the Airbus models in the PEP including A320 Sharklet... We could work together to polish of the Airbus models - as the task of getting all the data manually from the PEP is huge!

Edit: Also Pierre, I have asked before but never got an answer: Does PFPX support cost index for the Airbus? If so I will make you a full profile with all data cost index from 0-100 including MEL / CDL items - but before I do this can you confirm PFPX is actually able to handle all this information.

Cheers
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 07:51:32 PM by JET_JOCK »

Offline JET_JOCK

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 07:56:01 PM »
Also, I just had a look at the profile you posted... It seems rather small in terms of the data.

I just started to run from PEP to extract the performance data for the Airbus for 1 particular cost index and it's 1000's of pages of data. (full ISA and weight range)

Offline BW901

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 11:25:39 PM »
Hi Jet Jock,

Sorry to disappoint you with the small size of the data file. As I think has been said elsewhere Pierre kindly uploaded a sample file for the A319, to give an idea of how the basic data is formatted. No doubt we'll see what the full capabilities of the programme are when it's released. In the meantime it's nice to be able to get some data ready to play with at release. I too have hundreds of pages of data on some types - do you need anything like that level of detail to produce a profile that's good enough for government work? - quite frankly no. Amongst our 90-aircraft fleet our company operates heavy 4-engine turboprops. The plog burn and actual burn never come in spot on, down to different engine performance, the crews, a long hold waiting for landing traffic, enroute ATC, etc,etc..... is that difference an issue to us in the real world? - no. Look forward to seeing the profiles you produce, and please thank your data source in advance for freely making all that information available.

Jon